- Giveaway: The giveaways of Brandon Sanderson’s Alloy of Law continue, this one courtesy of http://onlythebestscifi.blogspot.com. I’m not sure what the deadline is, but blog sponsors announced this week they are offering a signed ARC and an audiobook version.
- http://www.graspingforthewind.com is also giving away an audiobook version of Alloy of Law. Deadline is October 21, 2011.
- John Anealio is a musical artist who writes fun music for us sci-fi/fantasy types. You can currently download a copy of his “Stormtrooper for Halloween” classic for free. While you’re there, check out his other work. I can easily spend an hour there browsing — and laughing.
- New movies on the horizon, as reported by http://www.comingsoon.net, include Thor 2 and The Lone Ranger.
- For those of you who wish Darth Maul had gotten more air time in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, the television-based animated Star Wars: The Clone Wars is bringing him back this Spring. Here’s the announcement.
- Amazon has launched a new imprint for sci-fi, fantasy and horror — 47North. It’s first list comprises 15 books from authors including Neal Stephenson, Greg Bear, Lee Goldberg, William Rabkin, Dave Duncan, Arwen Elys Dayton, Aric Davis, Evan Currie, Stephen Leather, Chris Roberson, and B.V. Larson.
- In Star Wars news, Lucasfilm has announced the discovery of Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side. The fragments of five dark side texts were collected by Darth Sidious, along with various objects created by his predecessors. He then wrote his own manifesto and a preface for the compilation. The collection, housed within a mysterious pyramid-like case can be yours for only $99.
That’s it for now. Have a great weekend!