It’s Friday! Time to pass along to you the links from this week that looked most interesting. Lots of good stuff this week. Enjoy!
- Giveaway: Win a copy of Blake Charlton’s Spellbound and a signed copy of Spellwright, courtesy of Fantasy Book Critic. Here’s the link. Deadline: October 7, 2011.
- Share a scary book. Neil Gaiman starts a new tradition: All Hallow’s Read. Tor Books celebrates with a sweepstakes and free monster stories October 24-28.
- Just for fun: Star Trek bloopers from the 1960s series.
- Sci-fi movie Robopocalypse finds a home and a director: Steven Spielberg takes it on. Release date set for Summer 2013.
- Tor puts ebook versions of three classic epic fantasies on sale for $2.99 each: The Eye of the World (Robert Jordan), Gardens of the Moon (Steven Erikson), and Mistborn (Brandon Sanderson). Here’s the link.
- How 9/11 Changed Science Fiction, according to io9.com.
- For sales of physical books, only one genre of books experienced a sales increase in 2010: Science fiction/fantasy. According to Nielsen Bookscan, this was due in great part to sales of G.R.R. Martin’s books. Whatever works, right?
- Here’s a comprehensive list of 184 sci-fi, fantasy and horror books being released in September 2011. Any look good to you?
- Nathan Fillion stars in Season 5, episode 6 of The Guild, a web series about gamers. Here’s the scoop according to GeekDad at wired.com.
- John Scalzi shows us which sci-fi and fantasy films we can expect out before year’s end.
- Giveaway on Goodreads: Vernor Vinge’s The Children of the Sky, the sequel to A Fire on the Deep that’s been 20 years in the making. Here’s the link. Hurry…the deadline’s September 15, 2011.
Do you have any favorite links or sites this week I missed? I love to hear from you. Please feel free to share. On September 30, I will have a drawing for a $5 Starbucks card. For every blog post you comment on, you will receive one entry. Leave a comment and join the fun! If you don’t want to miss a post, make sure to subscribe to my RSS or email feeds here.