- Giveaway: Let’s start with a giveaway: thecozyreader.com is offering to some lucky winner a copy a Cinder, a steampunk Cinderella story written by Marissa Meyer. This is a book I have my eye on. The excerpt I read looked fascinating. Deadline is January 11, 2012.
- Speaking of steampunk, Tor.com has listed steampunk events for January 2012, including art exhibitions, conventions, and a musical murder mystery in SoHo.
- Giveaway: Tor is giving away four copies of Kristen Simmons‘ Article 5, a dystopian teen novel. Deadline is January 11, 2012.
- Another Giveaway: Tor.com is also giving away a copy of The Isis Collar by Cat Adams. If you like paranormal urban fantasy including ghosts, vampires and mages, you might want to try this one. Deadline is February 10, 2012.
- Here’s a little bit of movie news: Chris Columbus, the director of Harry Potter has signed to write a fantasy adventure trilogy named House of Secrets. The co-author is Ned Vizzini.
- And a bit of true geekdom: Someone has actually built a Minecraft village using a 3D printer. The detail is incredible.
- Just when you thought the old Star Wars Christmas special from years ago was buried for good, Fox and Lucasfilm are kicking off their 3D Phantom Menace film with a very bizarre ad campaign for food items, including Brisk Iced Tea and a French burger chain. Really? Come on guys. This a ridiculous (and humiliating for Star Wars fans). Watch the video at this link. You won’t believe your eyes.
- For those who love Legos and steampunk, here’s one for you: a Lego Pegasus automation. Pretty cool.
- If you love old fashioned space opera, I want to guide you toward http://www.raygunrevival.com/. RGR publishes four original short stories every month, along with book reviews, occasional movie reviews, genre-related columns and artwork. And you can read some for free! What a deal!
- How about a surfing stormtrooper? The Surfing Trooper is traveling the world, looking for the best waves. Huh. I don’t know what to say about that one. (Story compliments of http://www.wired.com/geekdad/.)
That’s it for now! Y’all have a great weekend!
Did I miss any of your favorite links? If so, please post them below. I’d love to see them.