Time for my weekly wrap up of my favorite links found this week.
- Giveaway: I’m going to start by spreading a little love to author Greg Mitchell, who was interviewed this week over at Christian Bookshelf Reviews, along with a review of Enemies of the Cross, Book 2 in his Christian horror The Coming Evil trilogy. Check out the interview and enter to win a copy of the book here. Deadline is May 7, 2012.
- Are you looking forward to the Summer movie season? io9 has put together a list of 33 sci-fi and fantasy movies to look forward to. Which one is at the top of your list? (Click on the picture above of Batman to see the official trailer for The Dark Knight Rises.)
- Who wouldn’t want to personalize a superhero to look like themselves? At this link, you can buy everything you need to make these action Marvel superhero figures look like you.
- Will the folks over at MIT never cease to amaze me? It seems some hacker over there turned an entire building into a playable game of Tetris. Follow the link for a write-up and 3-minute video.
- How about a solid hardwood coffee table that functions as a workable Nintendo NES controller? It will only set you back $3,500.
- Giveaway: Tor is giving away 10 copies of Earthseed, a YA sci-fi novel by Pamela Sargent. Deadline is May 25, 2012.
- Here’s something for you die-hard geeks: hand-painted Zelda and Link earphones. Those would be sure to start a conversation!
- While we’re talking geek accessories, how about a Luke Skywalker lightsaber lamp?It comes complete with a black laser-cut shade. If you prefer, there is a Darth Vader lamp instead.
- Giveaway: Every month until the January 8, 2012 release of A Memory of Light (the final volume in The Wheel of Time series, the last three volumes of which are written by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson), Tor will be giving offering the chance to win a copy of The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan. Here’s a link to the current giveaway of 10 copies, which ends May 25, 2012.
- Are you looking forward to the release of the Avengers movie on May 4? If you’re not sure whether you want to see it, here’s a link to the official trailer. Maybe that will help you decide.
- Geek news: James Cameron and Google have teamed up in a space venture to mine asteroids. Some targets will be gold, platinum and water.
Do you like Game of Thrones? Guitarist Eric Calderone posted his rendition of “Games of Thrones Meets Metal” a few weeks ago. Very nicely done. Check it out below:
That should about do it for this week. Did I miss your favorite? If you have any good ones to add to the list, post a link for us in the comments, okay?
Have a great weekend, everyone!