Woo hoo! It’s Friday! Time for my favorite links I found this week. Enjoy!
- Hunger Games! Talk about pre-movie hype! It seems practically everyone’s heard of the movie by now. Are you still undecided if you should see it? Over at Geeky Girls Love Sci-Fi, you’ll find 5 reasons why you should watch the movie.
- I never thought I’d have wanted a Star Wars tree house, but this one almost made me change my mind.
- Medieval skeletons? Yep. And some time back, 92 of them were found on a Tudor ship that sank in 1545. The armchair archaeologist in me found this interesting: it seems that archers were on board as guards, as evidenced by the skeletons themselves. (Compliments of Jeri Westerson, author of medieval noir.)
- Darth Maul lives! Apparently he survived being cut in half and makes a return in The Clone Wars. This isn’t new news, but over at torwars.com you can find some related video and a picture gallery you might be interested in.
- Do you love Doctor Who? Apparently someone does, as evidenced by this TARDIS engagement ring. Surprisingly, it’s really quite pretty.
- Hare’s an interesting YouTube video: French Star Wars Ballet Disco. Click through and enjoy four full minutes of, well, I’m not sure what. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. Kinda scary, actually.
- Geek news: Scientists from the University of Rochester and North Carolina State University have sent a wireless message using a beam of neutrinos through 240 meters of stone. If Alexander Graham Bell could see us now.
- Giveaway: Fantasy Gazette is giving away two movie tickets to some lucky subscriber of their newsletter. Deadline is March 29, 2012.
And here’s my favorite: a how-to video for those of you looking to improve your skills with a lightsaber. I found this tongue-in-cheek video absolutely hilarious.
That’s it, folks! Have a great weekend!